Can't OOC whisper on mobile anymore

After new update with LFRP dropped, I tried to message (or whisper in this case) a friend of mine in ooc, and was suddenly getting “What do you want to whisper?”

IC whispers work just fine (successful OOC whisper was done from PC)

Then there’s that

Additional note. It looks like =: doesnt work as well, making it = automatically.

Oh! I will try to make a bugfix for that asap.
Thanks for reporting!

Hmm. I can track it down to what changes caused the bug to appear. But I fail to replicate it.
I have tried on Galaxy S22 Ultra - Android, using Samsung Keyboard as well as Gboard.

What device are you using? And maybe more importantly, what virtual keyboard?

Created GitHub issue:

Oppo A1k, Yandex Keyboard. But the thing is, it was only a problem on Chrome. Someone said that on FIrefox it worked fine. So when I opened Firefox on my phone and did the same thing, everything worked.

Good to know. I’ll try to replicate it on Chrome with Yandex!

If possible, could you go to https://test.mucklet.com/ and test if the issue appears there?
I’ve installed a fix on the test-server. So hopefully it should work.
You might need to reload the page to get my fix-attempt downloaded.

Yep! It works just fine on Test server!

1 Like

I’ve been having a similar issue with the server, too. Everything appears to work fine for me on the test server, as well, but not on the main server. Has the fix already been implemented onto the main server? :shark::droplet:

It wasn’t applied on Wolfery by the time you wrote your question, but it is now.
So, please check if it works on Wolfery!

(This also applies to anyone who has had their character falling asleep after 1 hour of waking them up. This should also be fixed)

Autosleep doesnt seem to be fixed. Just had 2 of my characters falling asleep. But funny thing, the one that was awakened far after the others, remained to be awake!

1 Like

Ungh!
I simply can’t get my head around why this keeps happening. The client will sent network ping calls, which are suppose to keep your character(s) awake. These keep failing for some.

In my latest update, I have made it so that a failed ping calls should be followed up by a
authenticatecall to get a new access token (which is a cookie namedauth-token`).

Anyone running into this issue, please do this:

• Open your Devtools (in Chrome, press Ctrl+Shift+i)
  • Go to the Network tab
  • Click a failed ping in the list. If it is red, that means it failed.
  • Under Headers, expand Response Headers and screenshot it and sent it to me! (but you may want to mask the token data, as I’ve done in the screenshot below)
  • If the failed ping is followed by an authenticate, screenshot that one in the same way!

(This screenshot does not have failed pings. You should look for failed ones)

So, watching through that it game this this. Apparently ping gets a 401 error?

More detailed look

And also, second tab with a different account gets absolutely no pings at all, or, no error messages, because it was freshly opened page. The thing is, after I opened the second page, errors on the first started apearing

Yep! After reloading first page that was getting all errors, it stopped and started getting the pings, but second one without any errors started getting them and stopped getting pings! Same one, 401. So it only happens when 2, or more, Wolfery pages are opened simultaneously.

Aah. I think I am starting to find a pattern.
I also got help from Haar. He also used multiple accounts. This might be the reason.

But… how do you even log in with multiple accounts? Is it like this:

1 . Open tab 1 and go to Wolfery.com and log in with account A
2. Opens a new tab 2 , and go to wolfery.com, which is logged in with Account A
3. Log out from tab 2 and login with Account B
4. …
5. Profit! You now have two tabs with two different accounts…?

Is that it? Then I think I can replicate it.

Yep, exactly like this!

Yay! Then I’ve got it!

The ping on Account A fails because it uses the auth-token for Account B. After 1 hour of failing…? Poff. Sleep. Okay. Thanks!

The thing is, it never happened before the latest update. I used to sit with 3 accounts at the same time, and none would autosleep.

True. Before v1.57 we had a fallback in case of failed pings, where the client reverted to use the open WebSocket to send the pings instead. I removed this, and instead made it try to refresh the access token.

But nevermind the technical explanation. What you can do to solve the problem is using this alternative URL for Wolfery instead:

https://wolfery.com/?charPing.method=ws