[Bug] Watchlist not removing dead or otherwise broken characters

I have a character on my watchlist (that I honestly can’t remember who it was) that for some reason is only showing up as

It looks like the character was deleted while on my list, and Wolfery doesn’t currently have any failsafe to remove such a null-pointer exception from my watchlist when encountered. It’s not too big an issue for me currently, it’s unobtrusive and at the bottom of the list, I guess NaN sorts last in JavaScript, but just thought I’d bring it up.

This ties into the area character list bug, and that a removal event isn’t being triggered when the character gets deleted. @Accipiter will likely resolve this in the same reaction function that handles the other problem currently going on.

Neat! That’s significantly different than what I’ve seen before. But it’s all the same root cause, likely yes.

Aah, I see. I missed that one :sweat_smile:

Thanks for reporting, @Xetem! I will make sure to fix it.

@Myk, while it might seem similar to the In Room bug, these two are quite different. So this one requires its own fix. The “In Room” fix was applied earlier today already.

Details
In Room issue was due to a missing remove event on char deletion, causing the gateway to have a hold in its cache a list that was inconsistent with the actual list in the core service.

This bug is because the watchfor list of yours is simply referring to a deleted entity. The list is intact, but the referred character is not found anymore. The client should simply not show it.

Ah. I’m not even going to hide the fact that this took me a double-take to interpret the difference between triggering the removal of a character from a watch list on delete/ban event, to the room list. Many apologies for my misconception.