[Bug] No character disambiguation in room chat

If two characters have the same first name and are in the same room together, there’s no disambiguation when they speak or act.

Reproduction steps:
Two characters, both with the same first name. Both enter the park. Each can speak, use OOC, etc. but without mouse-hovering over the name, it’s impossible to tell which sent which message.

That’s a good point! While you can hover over, I wonder if it would be viable to put the character’s icon next to their text, or have an option to do so? Or maybe just cause it to display the last name if there’s more than one?

@Mirrdae You have a very good point, and eventually I need to address it.

@Raeth
Yes, the “full name if there is more than one”-solution is the one I consider.

For room events (say, pose, adress, ooc, whisper), only if the room has more than one of the same name.
For realm events (message, mail, summon), if there are anyone else awake with the same name.

I want the chat log entries to remain static, so the decision to show full or single name will be determined per event when the event happens.

Avatars? Yes, that was my initial idea.
But, I am reluctant to add too much graphics in the chat log; I want it too feel less like a chat, and more like a story. I am afraid avatars might ruin that a bit. But I might be wrong!

/Accipiter