Bots are working ^w^

vewy excited yip
I have made an API for the bots based on the code from @FoxLancaster-Okami, I still need to ask for permission from them before sharing it, however, the module is much easier to use as a pythonic script.

Thanks to @Accipiter for making this possible.

If you would like me to make a GitHub and upload the code (with permission to do so) or some updates or suggestions on what should be added, please just let me know ^w^

2 Likes

I’ve taken a look and I can wholeheartedly give my approval to the project- much of the original work focused on figuring the details of NATS compliant websocket implementation and working out the kinks in threading. There’s a lot of leftover cruft from the ‘figuring out’ stage, and I’m a scientist so the older version has Research Coding’s grubby little paw prints all over it. It seriously needed a streamlining phase to be useful to folks, and I’m super excited @IcoTwilight has taken up the torch of getting it to a good user-friendly place!

1 Like

aww, Thanks for the appreciation cutie, and thanks for the remarkable amount of help with the initial bot, I have left credit in the readme.md ^w^

As for the GitHub, it is a large work in progress lacking functions to move around and get message data in shorthand, however, there is still nothing stopping you from writing out yourself by sending the required parameters to the designated place.

GitHub Link:

Suggestions are greatly appreciated so no matter how small I would love any ideas for the client.

Add a license, please.

1 Like

umm, would the unlicensed be okay?

I went with MIT- it’s a solid, well established open source license and good for collaborative non commercial purposes like this. It lets people modify and update freely, and just requires the incorporation of the preceding copyright citations, eg. Github lets you attach one to a repo as a whole

1 Like

The second link explains it better, but with unlicensed, the default copyright applies, meaning no rights to usage, modification, or application.

1 Like

Have Done So, MIT License.

Lovely to see some bot coding! :grin:

1 Like