Autocorrect in type panel is sometimes buggy

As you can see, instead of underlining the incorrect word, it underlines the whole paragraph except the incorrect word.

Back me up here, programmery types, but don’t the red squigglies come from the browser not Mucklet?

I believe that’s how Acci set it up if I recall. @Sling what browser are you using? I found this is happening to me on occasion on Firefox, but I don’t recall it ever happening in Opera GX.

Yes. The console uses CodeMirror 6, which supports the browser’s native spell checking. Meaning, the squiggly lines are added by the browser and not by the client.

The word “pose” in the screenshot is not squiggled because it does not have the spellcheck attribute set.

but while we are at this; @Accipiter, can you add a squiggly line to he/she/it/they if it appears right after pose please~?

1 Like

That is not doable with current solution.
The browser’s built in spell checker handles the squiggly lines. All I can do is tell what snippets of texts should be checked, and what should be ignored.

you’re doing the word highliting for names and such though, don’t you?

Yes, the color highlighting is my doing! :grin:

But these sort of language “rules” would need to be localization specific.
Wolfery is primarily English, but later I hope there will be realms with other languages.

Thought, I like the idea to provide color-coded hints to help prevent common newbie mistakes such as:

:he waves to Shinyuu.

or

:Accipiter waves to Shinyuu.

But I would probably make those hints configurable by the admin.

1 Like