A Fresh Coat of Paint on the Desert City

When Wolfery was much smaller, I built the ‘Do’nezo, Desert City’ zone and enjoyed my time there. As the realm has grown, there have been other fantasy zones added to the world, which led me to question: what makes my zone different from theirs?

I’ve been working on a rework of the zone’s lore and rules, and a redefining of what makes the desert the desert: a low-fantasy setting where violence and conflict are allowed in public zones, with a major sub-area based on harem roleplay.

To go with this update, I’m also changing the name. Do’nezo was actually a joke, fostered by one of the previous moderators when I told him I was ‘donezo’ with working on the zone. I have grown to dislike the name, and am in the process to changing it what it originally was in my notes, the City of Winds in a desert known as the Rasahari.

There have been a variety of small changes in the area:
The Harbor and both Guilds have been removed.

A hangout for newcomers and returning visitors has been added: ‘The Lotus’, a turkish-inspired coffee house run by the asiatic cheetah Mera. You can come here to hang out and find out what there is to do in the zone.

I’ve also touched up the Fortress of the Four Winds, which has been named to ‘Garuulnsari’. This zone is centered around harem roleplay, and has a combat arena for those who want to fight or watch someone else fight. The rules and lore have been clarified.
Personal rooms in the fortress have been removed.
Two of the private sex rooms have been Instanced, while the other remains public.
New pictures, and the exits are touched up.
Plans for a water/bath area.
Plans for a servant/sex worker puppet in the Lounge area.

In the desert area, very little has changed, though the Old Ritual Site has been updated to be a space for ritual roleplay, which might include dark themes and gore.

Other player-owned sub-areas are unaffected. This includes the Lumine Road, Glimmering Caverns, The Oasis, Alexander’s Arcane Emporium, and The Firefly.

I plan on hosting an event or two over the Summer to bring in new visitors or say hello to old ones. Come say hey! I’ll try to be around when I’m online. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Nice to have new things to explore!

Minor note, there was still the old area name in the fortress entryway’s OOC Note (Room id #calsra69gbrqf7065it0) :slight_smile:

Oh, thanks for catching this! I tried to get them all but I’m positive they’ll pop up over time, haha.

I remember visiting a lot Do’Nezo for the vibe it had, gave me a good feeling to be fair, loved the place alas I never managed to have long lasting role plays in there.
The rework it had is awesome, I like how it turned out in the end but mostly how you ended liking it more now, which is important too! Being satisfied of your own creation is the best part.

Sad that the harbour is no longer there, will miss sitting there and “observe” the sea. But also a little notice: In Lumine Road the town is still named Do’Nezo, but that area is not in your hands, isn’t it?

3 Likes

I think I’ll have to make another bot run to catch all the other Do’nezo name uses – I’ve written quite a bit lore about it in various places I don’t remember. There are definitely references to it in the Valley, in the library, maybe elsewhere too.

I’m sorry for the inconvenience of having to update existing places X) Grateful that I am allowed to change the name!!

I’m looking forward to adding some lore bits in various places around the zone (and hiding some in secret rooms too ;3) because it sounds like fun.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your kind words. ;w; Yeah, the desert never had the sustainable population and that’s okay. :slight_smile: With some new things maybe more people will come, or they won’t. Part of it is my responsibility. In the beginning I threw frequent events to engage people and then I got busy with other things. I’d like to have more in the future, because those were fun times.

You’re not the first person to mention missing the water, so maybe I’ll have to find a way to integrate it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

As someone that owns an area, not knowing what to do is a problem (in my case because I don’t know of the audience I’m looking for is active) but hey, being busy with other things is fine. Don’t worry too much about it.

Now the new desert is out, this may drive more people to visit, and I believe that rooms with secrets may be fun to discover… people will visit for sure, the outcome is very pretty.

1 Like

Aw, I had quite gotten used to the name Do’nezo -but it’s funny to hear where the name actually comes from :3