Tabletop Gaming at Joystix Arcade

Someone left some dice, character sheets, and free RPG manuals on one of the tables in the Snack Bar :pretzel: at Joystix. Bring some friends, and get your nerd on. BYODM or Bring Your Own DM.

4 Likes

!!! Does anyone want to start a group together? :smiley:

2 Likes

Chamomile will be willing to GM for adventures on Thursdays and Fridays! Feel free to ask her what sort of adventures she has planned, if any. They will be focused on beginner friendly stuff, and will be using both the provided materials and actual 5e materials depending on the group.

4 Likes

What times will chamomile be able to GM?

1 Like

If its not Fri/Thurs, around 10pm CST would be best.
If its Fri/Thurs, that’s something I can set up with the parties involved. I’m usually most available past 7pm, though can be around here earlier.

1 Like

Would this be a “meet in game and then call on Discord to play D&D” or would you be trying to play it all out in-game? Also, have you DM’d campaigns before? Any campaigns that lasted 1 year or longer? Any completed campaigns?

1 Like

Honestly? I’m willing to go any way with this, but I found the idea of in-character D&D interesting for the hilarity of trying to play characters playing characters. (I WILL be making people do that one eventually, as a friend.)

But, if we’re talking about DMing experience in real, I’ve been playing in games since 2013ish and I regularly host for my friends if they can pull a time together. I’m currently running a game that is on hiatus due to multiple people in college, but its been running for nearly two years now.

I don’t usually DM for people who I’ve not really gotten to know before simply due to my ADHD-Autism and the anxiety around that, but I was hoping to try and run stuff here with this whole thing going on.

4 Likes

As a personal note and completely OOC for those who take this IC, I’ll need a week or two to have a proper game set up. We can meet next Thursday for a general talk, because I need to go over my pacing with the games in general.

As well, I do NOT wish to be the only DM of this all. If someone else wants to DM for games, PLEASE speak up. I have a few life issues that I need to take care of and really devote time to concerning my health, and sometimes that’ll just make a game not happen for a session or so.

Thanks for reading. If you want to get in touch with me on Discord, send me a message; it’ll be easier to talk out there. (I didn’t know how else to get this to people interested properly, so this is how I’m doing it.)

1 Like

I think that idea sounds fun too. Is there anything I can do to help support such a thing?
I can imagine that a Dice roller feature could be useful…?

4 Likes

I think there’s a helpful bot that does that already. @FoxLancaster-Okami?

3 Likes

Currently, I just linked some text to Roll Dice With Friends as a work around, but an in chat dice roller would probably be more useful, lol.

2 Likes

There is indeed- I think the most helpful thing for an IC dice roller is that the rolls are visible (in the same space as play) I’m also adding on a mode for secret rolls for a GM in case they aren’t rolling physically, and a turn management utility to help things run without pen and paper in front of everyone! I’ve talked to a few folks about something like a combat manager for IC fights and I think a single system could attend to both, so I’m looking at that too

3 Likes

I would adore any support for the idea; I wanna have Chamomile shift around to different characters and just RP out some nerds being nerds, n I’m glad people like it!

External dicerollers, like the one Jett has already added to the description, work just fine- but an integrated one might be fun to have not just for this, but other games people wanna play as well. It helps set a scene in the tabletop room and, if it extended out from there, might make for some more interesting areas in the future!

2 Likes

Wolf Lancaster gave me a little demo of the dice roller bot. it’s a very cool program that I bet Chamomile would find interesting. It’s easy to see how a system like that could be used in the realm.

2 Likes

For sake of ease, I think it would be easiest to go with a traditional VTT + D&DBeyond + Discord setup, but we can also roleplay ABOUT our D&D and what’s happening in Wolfery. n_n I think it would be great, since it would serve as a way to compile notes organically AND give everyone something to do between their turns! :smiley:

2 Likes

I do have a FoundryVTT key and server that I could set up for us if that’s desired.

1 Like