How do you get there?!

This seems to be a HUGE issue and causes people to run through the park over and over and over trying to figure out how to get some place. The area maps list all these wonderful locations and even a small description of most of them. Can we PLEASE add in how to get to the over all cities as part of their description in the area maps? Biggest one for me is this new place called Umber Point. Lots of people telling me I should go there, NONE OF THEM KNOW HOW! They all get teleported there by friends. This is not the first place I have had issues like this. took me almost 2 weeks to find the sacred valley.

True, Umber point is quite hidden being part of a different city.
To get there you have to take the red trolley in Cape Theia.
As for the sacred valley look for a trixen stall in Sinder.

Mmm, i noticed that too as Sinder and the world grows it can be hard to find all these locations. Especially for new arrivals, that’s why i drew a simple overview of the different locations we have.
Of course the map can’t really give a guide how to get there. But it should at least give an idea, where these cities and areas are located.

Something tells me… Should I make a guide on how to get to each area?

I agree on this. I’ve also been exploring around (having a great time doing so though :slight_smile: ), trying to find some place I’ve heard about. I would certainly not have found Umber Point if it wasn’t for directions given to me by Fenrir.

A guide is nice. But can we improve the game to facilitate this better?

To find a room within an area, we have discussed a feature where the map dots are connected by lines, to make it more obvious how to travel from one room to another:

But to find areas, such as Umber Point, maybe we would need to rely on some description.
Maybe the Area could have an optional Directions field that you can fill in?

It would be manual work to keep those updated of course, but I don’t think it would be too much work. Also, instead of exact commands, you can just give general directions like:

From the terminal by Sinder’s docks, you take the ferry to Cascade Island.

1 Like

Hopefully this will be somewhat helpful for the issues you’re facing.

I like the idea of that. Being able to add a ‘directions’ section to an area would make a lot more places easily accessible. At the very least for the towns as they grow in numbers.

In the meantime, I have included a ‘Directions’ section to Umber Point’s landing page.