Discord Links don't work! Bug?

So, as what the title says.
It has been a long time, and I have noticed that the discord links, that I usually use to add something more to room description, or to add clothing to some characters I have, and for doing so I used the word thing.
In these days, someone let me notice that the links said: “content not available” or something among these lines.
So, I started to change all the links with new ones, and I noticed that the lenght of the link changed and this made me think that was the problem! But nu, it wasn’t that. This forced me to look for pinterest images to fill in the gaps in my build, or in other places I got, and I don’t know if this is Discord’s fault, or Wolfery’s.

This is literally what I see every time I click on a link.

1 Like

I’ve been seeing this happen a lot lately and I don’t think it’s actually a wolfery’s issue. Discord made an update a month or so ago that made it so links to photos and the like expire after awhile due to everyone using it like this, I’ve just been making the change to Pinterest as well since I don’t really see a workaround for now.

1 Like

This explans many things to be fair…
Well, now my great mistery is solved, now I genuinely feel sorry for making this post for nothing.

1 Like

It’s no worries! Better to make a post in my opinion since a lot of people have been dealing with this issue ^^’

1 Like

Yep as V0x said Discord is no longer suitable as an image host, there really should be an announcement for builders that discord image links need to be replaced with imgur or similar image hosting websites. It’s a shame a lot of rooms have lost context or info that otherwise would have been nice.

imgur is also known to be broken, for what it’s worth. I cleaned up a few rooms that used to have imgur and have missing images now.

I have spent a day to clean up rooms. I relied too much on images via discord.
A pro thing is that Pinterest links are shorter :slight_smile:

Pinterest is known to serve placeholders instead of actual images over time.

@Accipiter, we might need some proper solution sooner rather than later, I’m afraid.

A proper solution would, in that sense, mean to allow upload of images to be used, I take it?

Having a service that caches files being linked to, as @farcaller suggested to me, could also work.
But isn’t the damage caused by Discord’s change in behaviour already done?

As far as what I understood, the problem comes from Discord. BUT being able to upload pictures on wolfery would be nice. So you can have more to add to rooms and you don’t have to rely on discord or other sources, where of course, this content can get deleted. Like all the Pinterest pictures do not belong to me, so I have to hope that no one deletes the picture ^^’