Connection gets me. TwT

It is not a but nor feature request. I don’t know where to put this post to seek for help.

In this month, it is getting harder to play the game. Connection just gets me too often that causes the game to be often unplayable on my side.

The game is extremely slow and sometimes just goes blank when I try to get in. Messaging is massively delayed or doesn’t work at all. Maybe I got disconnected in the middle of RP and can’t get in for a few hours.

I’m living in Thailand and I tried using other internet or wifi from many places to connect to Wolfery but result appeared to be similar. Other sites had no issue, but Wolfery was sometimes inaccessible or very slow. But sometimes is fast for some reason.

I’m not sure if there is anyone with the similar problem because other players seemed fine when I was having this issue. It seems not to be an issue from the game itself. Just the connection but I have no idea what is going on or what do I miss. Please help me figure it out is possible. :pray::sparkles:

1 Like

gonna summon @Accipiter into this one.

1 Like

I have been summoned!

Oh. That doesn’t sound good.
Since others doesn’t experience the issues, we can at least rule out it being the server being slow.
So, let’s try to track down your issues. I have a few questions that may help me understand the cause of it:

1. Does the issue remain even when you run in a different browser or on a different device, using the same internet connection? If so, we can rule out it being caused by the browser or things like too large browser stored chat logs.

2. Do you have any errors in the browser’s Console log? If so, those errors can help me understand it more. To check for errors, check the instructions in this topic: How to screenshot errors . If you are using a mobile device, it is a bit tricker. Tell me if that is the case, and we’ll see if we can retrieve any errors.

3. Do you see any other patterns on when the issues occurr, or when they do not? Like, does it matter when you are connected. Or what account you use. Or perhaps if it happens when using multiple accounts, or multiple characters?

Okay. Those are a few thoughts from me. Hopefully we can solve it!

Actually, this also happens to me. I live in japan, so maybe it’s geographic to Asia?

For me, the site often becomes very, very slow, and it can take 10-30 seconds to actually load anything when it first opens. When it’s really bad it seems to just freeze and never finish loading, and I have to retry for a while until it finally shows something. When that happens again I’ll try and follow the instructions to get more information for you. Once it’s connected then messages seem to come through okay, but images can take a while to load.

This happens on both chrome and firefox for me. But the strange thing is, it seems to work okay on my phone with safari. It might be a little slow still, but it still actually works. On many occasions I’ve just hopped on my phone instead to get around this. My phone seems to work much better even on the same wifi connection, or using cell data, both are the same result. And to be clear, my general internet is fine, it’s only this site.

I don’t know if there’s a pattern of when it happens. It’s just this account and just the one character. I’ll try and pay attention to time of day.

I mean; the same happens to me too. Just not too often. Maybe twice a day?

I was waiting for it to happen again today, but surprisingly, today is the first day that those problems were not show up. Everything went smooth. But I will wait again tomorrow to see if I can see what I will get from the console.

From what I’ve encountered, here are all information I found from my experiences.

1. Last night, I cleared all cache from the browser before posting this topic, and authentication didn’t response at all after I logged in with Google and got sent to the game. During the issue, I online on laptop, mobile and PC. Found the exact same issue. Nothing can get into the game at that time. Not even the forum. ( Google Chrome, and PC with Edge ) On laptop and mobile phone, I connected to internet in the office, mall, or a cafe and still found the similar issue.

2. For the console log, I saw nothing there, It loaded a few things then the scene went blue but there were no errors. I will need to capture the log when it happens again.

3. I think it was completely random. Like today and some days with no issue even with 2 characters online at the same time, or some other days that it is inaccessible. I’m playing on one character for most of the time. Sometimes I can’t even log in or get in.